THE PIONEER CLUB - SKATE PARK HEATHLANDS DRIVE,
ST ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE,
AL3 5AY WWW.PIONEERCLUB.CO.UK REGISTERED CHARITY NO: 302455
Your attention is drawn to the following information, which you must read and understand prior to entrance and use of The Pioneer Club facilities. You further accept that you have had the opportunity to seek clarification from The Pioneer Club on any of the following points of information. By entering your information on pages 3 and 4 we will assume the information on pages 1 and 2 has been fully understood. If you want to retain a copy of these, please ask the staff.
1) The participant acknowledges that participation in skateboarding, in-line skating, parkour, scooter riding or other activities known as dangerous but not mentioned above entails known and anticipated risk that could result in physical injury or potentially death, damage to property, or to third parties, with the understanding that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2) Risks include: collision with other participants, the walls, or other fixed objects; falling down; equipment failure or failure of others equipment, negligence caused by either party; objects or conditions on the surface that may cause one to fall; broken bones, sprains, head and back injuries, abrasions, and bruises. Staff might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. The participant expressly agrees and promises to accept and assume all of the risk in this activity. Participation is purely voluntary and undertaken in spite of the risk.
Due to the hazardous nature of these extreme sports, you participate at your own risk; liability for personal injury or death cannot be taken by the Trustees, Management Committee or staff at The Pioneer Club and you agree to waive us for any injuries, ailments or any other damage to you or your property whilst using The Pioneer Club skate park.
3) Helmet protection is compulsory for ALL under 16’s and should be worn AT ALL TIMES whilst taking part in activities within the venue.
4) If you are aged 16 – 18 and you choose to engage in the activities without a protective helmet then the disclaimer on Page 4 must be signed by your parent or guardian.
5) The Pioneer Club recommends that you use knee, elbow and wrist guards in addition to the compulsory helmet whilst engaged in any activities as this will help reduce the risk of injury.
6) You are advised that using our facilities without wearing a full set of protective gear increases the risk of personal injury and death in the event of an accident.
7) Please note that The Pioneer Club activities are not recommended for persons who have heart, back or neck conditions, or people who are pregnant. If you suffer from any health problems, illness or may be pregnant please consult your doctor/physician for medical advice prior to engaging in any of the activities.
IMPORTANT PARTICIPANT INFORMATION and ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Please take a moment to read and familiarize yourself with our terms and conditions as these apply to all people using The Pioneer Club facilities.
1) In the absence of negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by The Pioneer Club, their employees, officers, officials or agents, these terms hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all responsibility and liability for the death or personal injury of any person whilst present on the site.
2) Neither The Pioneer Club nor its employees or agents shall be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to valuables or any personal property that belongs to any person whilst on The Pioneer Club premises.
3) The Pioneer Club reserves the right to refuse admission to any person on any grounds.
4) Minimum standards of conduct apply including, but not limited to, controlling your speed, not behaving in a way that endangers or alarms others, using the equipment safely and respecting all signage. The Pioneer Club reserves the right to require you to leave the premises if a Pioneer Club employee or officer decides you are not meeting reasonable standards of behaviour. In such cases, no refund will be given. Violent or abusive behaviour towards staff or other users will not be tolerated.
5) The Pioneer Club reserves the right to require you to leave the premises if we feel you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In such cases, no refund will be given.
6) An adult must accompany children under and including the age of 10 during regular open sessions. Exemption from this rule is only during designated beginners’ sessions.
7) If you observe a hazard or danger or are injured whilst using The Pioneer Club facilities you must bring this to the attention of an employee or officer immediately.
8) The Pioneer Club reserves the right to alter its policies from time to time. Please read and observe the policies displayed at The Pioneer Club before you start using them as they may have changed since the last time you observed them. General rules for users of the skate park are displayed and we encourage you to also familiarise yourself with these.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Pioneer values your right to personal privacy. We at all times try to be open about the reasons why we collect, hold and use your personal information. We collect information about you in order to fulfil our statutory obligations and provide you and other people with services. Some of the information we gather may be used to help us provide you with improved services. We at all times aim to comply with the Data Protection Principles, ensuring that information is collected fairly and lawfully, is accurate, adequate, up to date and not held any longer than necessary. We take security measures to protect the privacy of information. You have the right to see information held about you (with a few exceptions). If you wish to see personal information held on you please put a request in writing, stating clearly who you are and what information you would like to see to the address at the top of this page.
TERMS & CONDITIONS